A Family for Me has featured over 160 children. Our program is focused on giving kids a great experience, tailored to their interests and personality. We aim to provide a wonderful memory and the opportunity for foster kids to share who they are, the challenges they face, and their dreams for a family and the future. In addition to children featured on A Family for Me, our Foster Care and Adoption team has information on hundreds of other children in foster care, who need both temporary and permanent placement.
A Family for Me is a team effort and we would like to thank the following folks:
- Yuen Lui Studio, who donates photo sessions for the foster kids we feature and whose staff genuinely takes the time to make them feel special.
- The many businesses, organizations, and individuals that have been willing to share their venues, skills, and talents. They have provided unique and fun opportunities, to help the kids explore their diverse interests and bring out their inspiring personalities.
- The caseworkers, foster parents, advocates, and care workers who have helped us coordinate schedules and transportation, so we can meet and get to know the kids.
- Our videographers who twist, turn, climb, run, and go-with-the-flow to capture these intriguing and active young people.
- The parents who opened up their hearts and became the families for over 100 kids in our program, giving them the love they always wanted and deserved.
And of course, King5 News for putting together sweet and powerful segments that highlight these amazing kids. They help us educate viewers about adoption and introduce families to each child.