WACAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). To apply for employment at WACAP, please fill out our Application for Employment
and send it, along with a cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to WACAP, P.O. Box 88948, Seattle, WA 98138,
fax to 206-575-4148 or submit these documents by email to SharonK@wacap.org
Part-Time | Renton, Wash.
Use your skills to make a difference in the world! WACAP (World Association for Children and Parents) is a global, dynamic non-profit that transforms lives through adoption. We are a champion for children finding and preparing permanent families, and offering lifelong support after adoption. Currently we have an opening for a part-time accounting assistant (20-25 hrs. per week) with flexible days/hours at our Renton office. We offer a relaxed and professional work environment where your contributions will be appreciated. WACAP has been improving the lives of children for over 40 years. Part of our success is due to flexibility in dealing with change, essential for Accounting Department employees, as processes evolve to continually improve service to our clients, vendors, and other employees.
We need someone to enter vendor invoices and all payables entries into our accounting software (Blackbaud Financial Edge) and assist the Senior Accountant with projects as required. Position will cross train with A/R position to cover for vacations, etc. WACAP expects employees to take ownership in the processes and results of activities within their scope of work.
- Strong computer skills. (MS Office, Outlook) coupled with a willingness to become proficient in new software.
- Minimum AA degree in accounting
- Minimum two years of experience using enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, Microsoft Dynamics, or other accounting package (other than QuickBooks). Blackbaud Financial Edge preferred.
- Detail oriented and excellent organization abilities.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work as a member of a team.
Interested parties should submit their WACAP application, cover letter, and resume via the instructions outlined at the top of this page.